All dancers are required to adhere to the following dress codes. We have great sensitivity and acceptance in relationship to gender pronouns. Please assume and apply the words ‘those who identify as’ in front of these terms throughout the information.
Please make sure dancers arrive on time and prepared for class. Dancers must be dressed according to the Dress Code. Failure to be dressed properly will lead to a warning. After three warnings, dancers may be asked to sit out if dress code is not followed. We have lockers available for rent, if carrying a dance bag does not work for your family.
- All Classes – Dancers should have hair off their face. No jeans or skirts/dresses. Dancers should wear clothes where they will be comfortable in all positions. Boys may feel more comfortable wearing a ‘dance belt’ once they reach intermediate levels. Hygiene: Due to our physical work that is often done with a partner or in close quarters, dancers should be aware of hygiene and body odor (some dancers as young as 9 may need deodorant!). As female dancers mature, please be vigilant regarding the need to shave (in relationship to costumes).
- Mini and Disney Classes Younger students should be comfortable. Girls can wear fun and "dress-up" dance clothing such skirts and tutus if they like.
- Jazz - Jazz shoes in tan. Fitted clothes (leggings, booty shorts, and fitted tanks or t-shirts). All dancers level 4 and up may be required to have both have tan and black jazz shoes, black jazz shorts, and a black and nude leotard.
- Ballet - pink ballet shoes (leather or canvas). Female dancers must wear a leotard, tights and hair in a bun. Jazz shorts and fitted warm ups okay. Boys should wear fitted pants (Jazz pants or leggings) and a fitted tank or t shirt.
- Lyrical and Contemporary – See jazz - Jazz shoes (tan), Turners (Contemporary B and up), or when appropriate, bare feet. For girls, nude leotard may be necessary for the performance to wear under costume. NO DANCING IN SOCKS!
- Hip Hop - Sneakers & comfortable street wear that allows your dancer to move. Please, no skirts, dresses, slip-ons.
- Tap – Black Tap shoes - we recommend our slip on tap shoes available in our store. Comfortable clothes (see Jazz). Note: heeled shoes not recommended.
- Aerial and Acro- leotard, tights or leggings, long sleeves suggested; in an effort to protect the silks, please no shorts or clothing with zippers, and have children wear deodorant when necessary as the smell transfers to mats and silks.